- 1 ¼ cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, softened but not liquefied
- 1 cup firmly packed of dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of Greek Yogotherm yogurt
- 2 ½ cups of dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
In the body of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handheld electric beater, beat the coconut oil, sugars, and vanilla on medium-speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and scraping down the sides as necessary. Add in the Greek yogurt, beating just until incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the dry ingredients, beating just until combined.
Turn the mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
Cover the bowl with a piece of saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours – up to 24 hours.
30 minutes prior to baking, preheat your oven to 375 degrees (°F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
Using a large spoon or melon baller (preferred), scoop out 3 tablespoon sized rounds of dough; using your hands, roll the dough into a ball, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all of the cookie dough, spacing them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
Bake cookies – one sheet at a time – for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.